LET’S GO KRRBRRR!!
What: The Original, the brrrffiest, the Knik River Break-Up Ramble Run, the one and only, it’s The Krrbrrr! 5th Annual! Let’s go Krrbrrr! Sat., April 9, 2022. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- $45 on ultrasignup.com on or before March 19; $55 March 20 thru April 7 on ultrasignup; $60 day of race (cash or check only)
- Please see the new blog post dated 3/3/2022. We must put the shirt order in early this year… please either sign up or email me your shirt size before Sunday evening, March 6, 2022.
- Fees go to cover permit and insurance fees and t-shirts. Proceeds go to THE YAK youth center in Palmer!
- BYO food and drink (or a snack to share); minimal aid provided.
- Spend an hour or a day–or anything in between–trail running with your closest running friends and nemeses; very low key.
- Distance options: Approx. 5 mile loops; run as many loops as you please, until you can’t feel your limbs, or until you can’t give any more blood.
- Course has variety of flat, steep, rolling, wide, double-wide, and single-track trails.
- Slush, slop, mud, ice, poop (horse variety), thorns, blood, views, guaranteed.
- Family friendly: There is an alternate 2.5-3 mile loop (the “Excite Bike Trail”) that is less Krrbrrry (i.e., The Krrbrrr minus the elements highlighted in the above bullet point).
When: Saturday, April 9, 2022; 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. (8 hour time limit)
Where: Parking/Start/Finish at the Knik River Public Use Area parking lot off of Sullivan Rd in the Butte (17704 Sullivan Avenue, Palmer, AK), off of the Old Glenn Highway (the large Jim Creek Trailhead parking lot next door to the Mat-Su Borough Parks and Rec building). (Support services provided by the Matanuska Susitna Borough, Division of Recreation and Library Services.)
Additional Associated Costs:
- Must have Mat-Su Borough parking pass or bring $5 for parking (we are required to enforce per our Mat-Su event permit)
- Quarters for post-race shower (if desired) at Butte Wash Tub
- The Green Store and the Git n’ Go are both within a 5-10 minute drive if you want to take a coffee/snack break during the race.
- Shawn (cell: 425-766-7446) email@example.com
- Tony (cell: 253-880-2870) firstname.lastname@example.org
- T-shirt guaranteed (if you sign up on or before March 20)
- Satisfaction of a job well done (Type 2 Fun).
- Hang out with other runners during and after the race.
- Awesome view of Knik Glacier about half-way through each loop.
- Door prizes/giveaways.
- RECOMMMENDED GEAR. Kahtoolas, maybe. Trekking poles, good idea (not so much for the hills, but to tripod yourself around water hazards). Extra shoes & socks, for sure. Neos if you have ’em (flotation and waders in one). Gardening gloves for bushwhacking–an absolute must. Those old shinguards lying around in the closet? Maybe.
- The main loop will be marked the night before and will be approx. 5’ish miles.
- Must start last loop before 4:45 p.m. If the loop is not complete before 6 p.m., then it doesn’t count.
- There will be an aid station at the start/finish for water and some food. You will be able to use your own car as your aid station (you’ll run right through the parking area after each loop).
- Bring your camp chair for sitting around the campfire.
- Be ready for ice and slush and mud and poop (horse variety) and cold, wet feet!
- NO DOGS ON THE COURSE. (Per our insurance and permit.)
- There are horses, 4-wheelers, wildlife, and other users on the trails. Please be respectful of other users; yield to horses.
- There is cell phone coverage on the course.
- See the Race Rules page for additional rules.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Race proceeds benefit The YAK! Thank you to The YAK for agreeing to be associated with this group of crazy runners. And many thanks to our race sponsors for their prize donations and support!